[Sca-cooks] rich yeasted cake

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 1 11:15:48 PDT 2009

That should work. Yeast depends on the packet.
 From the Red Star website
A 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry yeast contains approximately 2-1/2
teaspoons; the measurement will not be exact as yeast is packaged
according to weight rather than volume. A packet of yeast is sufficient
to raise 4 cups, approximately 1-pound, of flour.

Johnnae