[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 10 14:19:49 PDT 2009

His Grace Gunthar suggested a few things NOT to give as gifts (ie: not
meant to be handed on) to Crowns:
<<< Anything with the Kingdom Arms on it. That makes it Kingdom
Regalia and they don't get to keep it. >>>

Oh! I hadn't thought of that. What if the item had both the Kingdom
arms and their personal arms on it? I could see something like that
meant as a rememberance of their time as the Crown.

<<< Animals unless you know they REALLY want it. >>>

Are you talking about live animals or stuffed animals? or both?

As far as items to be used as largess to be passed on, I can think of
several brewers in my kingdom, who I'd love to get bottle of their
stuff. I do think such a gift should be well labelled. Here is a good
Florilegium file that mentions that concern, but also gives some good
ideas on how to make a good label.

bev-labels-art    (10K)  6/15/08    "How to Make Labels (and What to
Put on
                                        Them)" by Freiherr Johann von
                                        Drachenfels, OL, OP.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/bev-labels-art.html