[Sca-cooks] How was Pennsic?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 04:32:32 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/12/2009 5:27:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

<<Hroar has talked about there being a special transporation service for
the mobility challenged at Pennsic.  He used it a lot in the years he went to
Pennsic.  I believe that you have to schedule a pick-up in advance, but he
said it was worth it.>>

There is.  Working at Lost and Found, sharing the tent with Public Safety,
it seemed that this year we heard a lot of Public Safety patrols calling
back to the dispatcher saying things like "There is a lady waiting at the gate
of such and such camp who would like an assist to get to the University
area" and the dispatcher saying "Thank you, we'll send someone along".  Some
pick-ups were apparently scheduled as well, since we heard a few calls in about
"a person who was supposed to be picked up at this place at 11:00 and the
cart isn't here yet".
There are also the buses that run around site, but if you aren't on one of
the routes or if climbing bus steps is an issue that may not be helpful.

Brangwayna  Morgan