[Sca-cooks] Cardamom, was articles was fine spice powder

Daniel Schneider macbrighid at campus.ie
Wed Aug 12 05:58:48 PDT 2009

you could make *lots * of chai

Cinnamon-14g,

Cardamom-14g

Pepercorns-22g

Cloves- 10g

Ginger, ground, -3g

Coriander seed- 3g

Star anise, finely broken up- 1 star,  or  2g

Nutmeg, ground-1.5g

  If available, galangel can be used in place of the Ginger

it's best if you simmer 1Tbs loose mix and 1 teabag in 1 cup each of milk
and water for 10 min, but when I'm feeling lazy, I'll just put 2 bags, and
2tbs of mix (in a teaball) into a teapot with just boiling water, and add
the milk in the cup...in either case, add honey or sugarand have with
pastries- we had them with Lucikatter (the Lucia buns someone else
mentioned) this past Lucia -  mmmm, decadence....

I'd be really interested in a copy of  Johnnae's booklet, too!

Dan

Katherina wrote