[Sca-cooks] Old copper pot needs TLC

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Aug 13 13:10:12 PDT 2009

Regardless of which acid you use, the pot will be safe to eat out of
as long as there's no visible green. You're not talking an immediate,
deadly poison here, that a microgram of which will drop you deader
than a doornail in seconds, but a mild poison that would require a
fair amount to make you ill, let alone dead, barring an unusual
allergy that would require that you not use copperware in the first
place. If a copper pot looks clean, it's safe to eat out of.