[Sca-cooks] Old copper pot needs TLC

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 13:21:47 PDT 2009

Okay.  It's going to take a lot to clean it to where there is not visible green :)  Isn't what vinegar will do amazing?
I make my own paint with pigments (and I use vinegar, chalk & copper wire to make green pgiment) and am aware that this is a pigment that one must be careful handling.  

Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
those you know hereafter."

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

From: Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Old copper pot needs TLC
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 3:10 PM

Regardless of which acid you use, the pot will be safe to eat out of
as long as there's no visible green. You're not talking an immediate,
deadly poison here, that a microgram of which will drop you deader
than a doornail in seconds, but a mild poison that would require a
fair amount to make you ill, let alone dead, barring an unusual
allergy that would require that you not use copperware in the first
place. If a copper pot looks clean, it's safe to eat out of.


More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list