[Sca-cooks] Period Shabbat

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Aug 23 09:40:36 PDT 2009

One suggestion to Judith for something she can do at events that
would seem to fit all of her requirements: Story telling. It isn't
work, it's one of the most portable of arts, it can be entirely
period (aside from the language), it has a real function in the
Society (entertaining bored people). And it's a good way of pulling
people into the medieval mindset, since while you are telling a
(period) story, you are creating their (medieval) environment.

My friend Yakov, who keeps kosher, is also one of the regulars at my
Pennsic bardic circle. Some of his stories are from the Old
Testament--and, of course, work as stories.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com