[Sca-cooks] P B & J

Lynn LRA at olpdsl.net
Mon Aug 24 14:45:32 PDT 2009

Sometimes "no thank you" can be just a short polite way saying many
things that one might not want to really go into or discuss -- such as:
I'm full, I'm not hungry, I've had enough; I really don't care for XXX
because it gives me gas, makes me have heartburn, makes me belch, etc.;
I don't recognize everything that is in that dish and might contain
something I'm allergic to; I'm watching my calories, carbs, food
portions; or a variety of other reasons.

I have said "no thank you" many times for those (and other) reasons. It
wasn't intended to hurt anyone's feelings, make anyone mad, or be rude
-- it was just a polite short statement on my wishes/feelings.

So a "no thank you", in my opinion, is not automatically intended to be
rude. Your mileage may vary.

Lynn the Inquisitive