[Sca-cooks] Preserving peaches

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:18:54 PDT 2009

I haven't done it, but my mother used to add a little almond extract to the
syrup when she canned peaches.  Oh, I DO love peaches!!  And I agree with
Christy that you should provide samples...

I did make a cordial some years back.  I knew that it needed to age, so set
it on the back of a shelf so I'd not be tempted to open it.  Completely
forgot about it.  Found the jar several years later when I needed it for
something else.  Brown gunk inside looked really bad...I was dreading the
odor when I opened it.  Was I in for a very pleasant surprise.  Once the
brown gunk was strained out, it was heavenly!

Kiri