[Sca-cooks] Twill weaves and garb, was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 13:41:00 PDT 2009

?<<I did buy a sewing machine, and I thread it over and over to make sure I know how, but I've yet to try to sew anything on it.>>

The few remaining Family and Consumer Science classes (what we used to call Home Economics) that I'm aware of, if they teach sewing, have the students practice making straight lines and corners neatly by running paper through the machine, with no thread in the needle.? It leaves a nice visible line of holes for feedback, and you can practice keeping your line straight, staying the correct distance from the edge of the fabric, and making corners neatly without wasting fabric or thread.? That might be a good way for you to get more comfortable with your new machine, Judith.

? <<I think I'm going to need someone to come over and SHOW me what I'm doing wrong, and how to do something right, before I'll feel confident to try again.?>>

Sewing is like that.? It's much easier to learn when you've got somebody right there to help you and show you how to do it.? Learning it from a book is tough.? At least for me.

Brangwayna Morgan

Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom

Lancaster, PA