[Sca-cooks] Twill weaves and garb, was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 13:50:44 PDT 2009

I would also suggest checking with your local A&S officer and see if there is anyone in your local group who would be willing to teach a "Machine Sewing Basics" class. There maybe more than one person interested in taking such a workshop in you local area. When I hosted a pre-Pennsic sewing workshop at my home in May, I had quite a number of people who needed to learn the basics of machine sewing. Since it was an all day workshop, there was plenty of one-on-one time for all those new to machine sewing. It also gave me the opportunity to teach some tailoring basics.

Euriol

P.S. When you have a chance, invest in a pair of scissors that are dedicated just to fabric.

 Euriol of Lothian, OP
Clerk, Order of the Pelican, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Chronicler, Barony of Endless Hills

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."
-Robindranath Tagore, Poet/Playwright/Essayist 1913 Nobel Prize for Literature