[Sca-cooks] Sweat shirts and sweat pants are an important addition to your wardrobe

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 15:00:02 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Lin <susanrlin at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 31, 2009 11:15 am
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Sweat shirts and sweat pants are an important addition to your wardrobe

<<Yes it does but my problem with a wool over dress or cloak is the wicking
factor.  if you're sloshing around the water wicks right up to your knees
and then nothing keeps you dry and warm.  The sweat pants can be hiked up a
little so as not to be subject to wicking.

That's odd, I don't find I have that problem.

In fact, usually the first time that I find out that the bottom few inches of my skirt are wet is when I hike them up to use the toilet (sorry if TMI)
I don't think I've ever had the water wick up as far as my knees; 4 inches at most.  Since I've got knee-high wool hose underneath, the wet skirts don't touch my skin when I'm walking or moving around.

Brangwayna Morgan

Shire of Silver Rylle, EK

Lancaster PA