[Sca-cooks] Pennsic buses

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 07:36:21 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/13/2009 4:43:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stefanlirous at austin.rr.com writes:

<<I don't think they run after dark and as others have mentioned they
have been extremely irregular.>>

The schedule in the Pennsic book this year said they were running until
approximately midnight.  They had a daily schedule listed, telling when each
route started running and what sort of bus you would see on each route on
which dates (sometimes a small yellow school bus, sometimes the black Anderson
bus for the parking lot route).

<<One of the problems I've had with them is actually with the map in the
Pennsic booklet. When I first started going to Pennsic, Pennsic 20,
the two page map had all of the roads labeled and included the bus
route(s) and all the bus stops. As the years have gone by, they have
kept the same format for the map, two pages in the center of the
Pennsic booklet, but the scale of the map has decreased as the area
that Pennsic encompasses has gotten larger and larger.

The bus stops disappeared. Then the bus routes disappeared. I can't
remember if the road names have disappeared or not. But it is getting
harder and harder to know where to catch the busses or with multiple
routes, which bus to catch to go where you wish to go.>>

They had a pretty good description of what the two routes were this year.
I honestly don't look at the map in the book much, so I never noticed if it
had road names on it - but if it did, you'd probably need magnifiers to read
them.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA