[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Busses

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 13 04:50:01 PDT 2009

Stefan wrote:
 >The bus stops disappeared. Then the bus routes disappeared. I can't
 >remember if the road names have disappeared or not. But it is getting
 >harder and harder to know where to catch the busses or with multiple
 >routes, which bus to catch to go where you wish to go.

The map was re-done this year.  Major roads are listed as are the bus
routes and which bus goes where.  (Although I think I see an error in
the parking lot bus route.)  There even was a bus schedule printed of
which buses were running on which days with the times of service (9 a.m.
to approximately midnight).  The bog bus was a short school bus.  There
were 5 days of the "black bus" which had air-conditioning plus the bog
bus.  The black bus was then replaced by a regular school bus.  The
schedule also listed the routes the two buses would take.

As to bus stops, while there were official ones, you could pretty much
flag down a bus whenever it went by.  The first week it took the bog bus
about 20-30 minutes to do its route.  By the middle weekend, it was
longer.  I asked why and the driver said that it varied depending on the
state of the road (mud vs. dry), the number of pickups and drop offs he
   needed to do and whether he found himself following a car or cars as
they tried to get in and out of camp - and muddy/closed roads.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com