[Sca-cooks] Salt Plates

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 19 11:22:41 PDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Susan Fox wrote:

>>> Don't ask me how they clean them to health department standards.
>>> Yes I know the
>>> salt is supposed to kill all the germs, etc. but health
>>> departments may not
>>> be so flexible about surfaces upon which food is served, etc.
>>>
>>> Selene
>>>

>> I'm sure that after cleaning them, if you once again heat them up
>> to a
>> certain degree... all bacteria will be killed. And of course salt
>> has been
>> used for a food preservative for ages for good reason.
>>
>> Saraqan
>
> Oh I understand that already.  I'm talking law and how it is
> practiced and followed.  If a city has a law that all plates must go
> into the dishwasher, without exceptions, they cannot use this kind
> of plate, can they?

Maybe they can get away by simply tactfully not mentioning that
they're being used as plates. They're oven tiles. Or whatever. It'll
probably take two years for the health officials to figure out what's
going on unless some idiot asks them flat-out, "Oh, by the way, is it
okay if we do this?"

Adamantius, who had the job of warning his boss when such rules were
being broken, not that that kept them from being broken