[Sca-cooks] Keeping Kosher at events was Period substitute for tomatoes?

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 04:02:35 PDT 2009

Religion and the free exercise thereof is one of those areas that can superheat like a convection oven (obligatory cooking reference).  I have taking the liberty of contacting the only Jewish family I know that both participates in the SCA fully (Baron and Baroness of Arn Hold counts as fully participating I should hope).  Hopefully I will have a response within 24 hours that will either help explain how he and his family reconcile participation in an activity that is predominantly a Saturday time-frame with the need to keep proper religious observance of the Jewish Sabbath.

Cheers

Malkin

Otherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.