[Sca-cooks] Preserving peaches

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 07:52:55 PDT 2009

Talana tempted us with:
<The result was beautiful and absolutely delicious.  The wine and peach
juice made a lovely, rosy syrup with some of the richest flavor I've ever
gotten putting up peaches.  The moscato added a light honey tone to the
taste.

This first attempt was a complete success.  I'm having to ration how much I
let the husband put on his ice cream/pound cake/oatmeal so we'll have some
to enjoy this winter.>

I think you should probably provide tasting samples to all of us so that we
can consult on this more fully. I'll be happy to send you my address ;)
I've been working with peaches a lot lately too, it has been a bumper crop
this season.  I am particularly fond of marinating them in a little bit of
agave nectar, some citrus like oj or lemon juice, and some 5 Spice Powder.
OMG - delicious!
Ok, not an answer to your serious period cooking question, but it has been a
really good year for peaches. The tiny little Halos are my current favorite.

August is National Peach Month!

Christianna
Who really is interested in hearing more about the period preserving
methods, too...