[Sca-cooks] Newbie Welcoming Techniques, was Contests was Definition of "Period Cooking" was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:28:33 PDT 2009

> The response is making me think, "This bar is not the place for me, until
> I've decided to invest time, money, effort, and pretty much my whole
> existence in this game."

Heh, I don't cook in the SCA (well, nothing period, just modern camp
food, although I've been known to serve as an onion-chopper,
pot-stirrer and dish-washer at events), and I've been reading this
list for years!

If it were me, I'd just shrug it off as a bad start and give it a
second chance... it's a great list!

There are some strongly opinionated old-timers around, but they're
usually also very experienced, knowledgeable, and polite, which, IMO,
makes up for it... and they're good company.