[Sca-cooks] Tartoufles was Yams was Substitute for Potatoes? Digest, Vol 40, Issue 92

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Tue Aug 25 12:35:34 PDT 2009

for those of us who are interested in learning what they did, so we can try and really understand it, this
stuff is super duper fun. I highly rcommend reading the chapter on potatoes in Toussaint-Samats work...its
very franco centric, and so gives a different spin (to be taken with a huge grain of sel, of course :)) than
the ango-centric sources we usually have access to.

I am emotionally prepared for someone to find a source or three that totally blows my theory out of the water,
but so far I'm pretty sure us potato-camp folks are right....

--Anne-Marie

On Tue 09/08/25 13:29 , "Cat ." tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com sent: