[Sca-cooks] Fadalat copywrite

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:58:55 PDT 2009

David Friedman wrote:
> Does anyone know if she got permission from the author of the Spanish
> translation she (tis I ) is translating (Fadalat)? I was never able
> to, which is why I stopped distributing the translation I had gotten
> done from the same original.
No I did not get permission from the author to do the English
translation because as you will see in my preface the author of the
Spanish translation died in the 1960's. As that is about 50 years ago I
assume his wife is diseased.  They had no children. I do not know the
wife's first or last names so I have run out of ways try to tract the
heirs down.

On 11 December 2007 the Chilean authorities gave me the copywrite for
the English translation of the abridged and published Spanish version of
Granja's Fadalat. Further I have sent my translation to Stefan and
others on internet which double the security of my copywrite as per
Spanish and Chilean law as I understand it.
Suey