[Sca-cooks] Edible Violet Water?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 26 17:58:52 PDT 2009

Huette wrote:
>I have some violet extract which is used for cooking.  It isn't
>violet water by any means.
>
>I have found a place in Cleveland OH that sells either Violet flavor
>or Violet oil.  They are called Bickfords.  They claim that
>everything that
SNIP

>I hope that this helps.

Thank you! I also found some artificial violet flavoring at Spice
Barn, an on-line vendor based in Ohio... i wonder if they're related.

>I picked up some Kewda Water, because it called itself Iris Water.
>But looking it up, it really isn't made from iris.  Have you had
>experience using Kewda water?

I have Kewra. It is pandan flower. It has a somewhat nutty scent. It
is commonly used in Southeast Asia - Thailand, Malyasia, and
Indonesia - in sweets.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita