[Sca-cooks] food likes and dislikes and ettiquette

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 30 23:50:49 PDT 2009

>Not necessarily.  I consider it the responsibility of feastgoers to
>contact the cook (or steward, or booking agent) about their food
>issues before the feast, but I pretty much never provide a menu in
>advance.  It's not the norm here to publish ahead.  It *is* the norm
>here for all feast-goers to pre-book.
>
>See comments above.  If I know there are dietary issues, I will make
>sure that either those affected get a good and varied meal or
>suggest alternate arrangements.
>I think this is probably easier on the people with dietary issues
>than to expect them to ring up and ask for modifications after
>they've seen the menu.

Perhaps it is Interkingdom differences, but I'd never prebook feast
if I had not seen a menu, even one that was subject to change.   I
don't expect to be able to eat every dish, but hope there are enough
interesting items to make a meal of.  Otherwise I don't eat feast.
My diet, my responsibility.

Expecting the cook to change the menu or make something special just
for me seems very rude.  On the other hand, as this list has said
before, a well planned feast should offer enough variety to
accommodate most dietary issues.

Ranvaig