[Sca-cooks] food likes and dislikes and ettiquette

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 31 00:13:15 PDT 2009

Sharon Palmer wrote:
> Perhaps it is Interkingdom differences, but I'd never prebook feast if
> I had not seen a menu, even one that was subject to change.   I don't
> expect to be able to eat every dish, but hope there are enough
> interesting items to make a meal of.  Otherwise I don't eat feast. My
> diet, my responsibility.

It may be interkingdom anthropology-- maybe different standards in terms
of food, or maybe just of habit.  I *would* be very surprised if a
person with a normal-ish range of likes and dislikes couldn't enjoy a
typical feast here.

> Expecting the cook to change the menu or make something special just
> for me seems very rude.  On the other hand, as this list has said
> before, a well planned feast should offer enough variety to
> accommodate most dietary issues.

That is why I'm most comfortable with it being kind of a black box--
dietary restrictions go in, and a meal pops out the other end.  I *may*
make some changes/extra dishes in the case of some restrictions if I
feel it's necessary, but without anyone having to *ask* for them.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?