[Sca-cooks] Twill weaves and garb, was Substitute for Potatoes?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 23:34:23 PDT 2009

Maire wrote:
>  Blue jeans are right. out. even. if. you're. broke.

We've got a knight in our kingdom who frequently serves as a marshal
during tourneys. He has been around just about since rocks were soft.
He wears engineer boots, a black cowboy hat, blue jeans, and some
sort of shirt (i think a dark colored "poet" shirt) covered by a
tabard in his colors. He invariably wears this outfit at events.

Just for fun, i did make a tunic out of light-medium weight denim...
twill is period, indigo dye is period, cotton tunics are period for
my persona... however, no copper rivets, brass zippers, or
yellow-stitched pockets over my butt :-)

We're a far more tolerant lot than some folks would have us believe.
The occasions of public and personal garb snarking are really rather
few. I showed up at my first event 10 years ago in silver lame'
shalvar and no one said a thing about them to me.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita