[Sca-cooks] review request

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Dec 1 17:21:12 PST 2009

I own it but truth be told, I have no idea where the copy is.
It's not very good or memorable. It's available for
as little as 8 cents for a used copy on Amazon.
I thought school kids might like it but I'm not sure they would even
like it.

One of the reviews on Amazon notes he calls for tomato paste--
"He suggests Babylonian tomato paste? Sliced Egyptian tomatos in a
salad? (Tomatos are a New World ingredient). Imaginary "lead" cookware
is an added distraction! (Did you ever try heating a lead pot?)" and
"(such as tomatoes in a Biblical lentil stew, or potatoes as the only
suggested side dish for a roast duck recipe in the ancient Egypt
chapter)."

Johnnae