[Sca-cooks] I posed these questions to my kingdom....

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:46:38 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Stephanie Yokom <sayokom at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  What dishes and/or foods will make you want to go and feast?

Sometimes menus are published in advance, but I often make this decision
based on who is cooking.  If it's someone I recognize as a good cook, I'll
attend.  Otherwise...it's up in the air.  I also am often constrained by
cost.

> 2.  What don't you like to see served at a feast?

Poorly prepared food and food that I know to be out of period...potatoes,
tomatoes, etc.

> 3.  What would you like to see served more at feast?

I would enjoy more themed feasts...particularly from a specific period in a
specific locale.  I'd also like to see more experimentation with unusual
ingredients, including Antonia's list.

4.  How many courses do you think is a proper feast?

Probably three, but it depends on what is served.  For instance, at our
Middle Eastern event I'll only serve one course, but there will have been a
mezze (dayboard) available throughout the day.  Also I serve a wide variety
of dishes in that one course...soup or stew, a couple of veggies, at least
one kind of  meat (usually two) and sweets).

5.  What is your favorite country or region to taste dishes from?

No favorite...I enjoy them all.

> 6.  Would you want to see other country's period dishes represented that
> are
> beyond the traditional SCA borders? (Chinese, Arabic,etc.)

I do this frequently.  And enjoy seeing others do it.

Kiri