[Sca-cooks] I posed these questions to my kingdom....

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Dec 7 15:26:02 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephanie Yokom <sayokom at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sun, Dec 6, 2009 10:46 pm
Subject: [Sca-cooks] I posed these questions to my kingdom....

I have been doing research into the culinary palette of the kingdom and I
ave been wondering a couple of things and I would like to hear your input.
hese questions are mainly about the foods and dishes themselves and not
bout the cooks in the land who prepare the feasts.
1.  What dishes and/or foods will make you want to go and feast?>
Period European dishes in general.  Particularly if they are ones I've read but not tried yet.

2.  What don't you like to see served at a feast?>
Modern food.

3.  What would you like to see served more at feast?>
Game meats (although I know these can be difficult) and fish

4.  How many courses do you think is a proper feast?>
Two to three, depending on the number of dishes in each course.

5.  What is your favorite country or region to taste dishes from?>
I love the Northern European stuff from before 1500 or so...Curye on Inglische seems to be where my brain goes when I think of period food.
<6.  Would you want to see other country's period dishes represented that are
eyond the traditional SCA borders? (Chinese, Arabic,etc.)
Not particularly interested in dishes from cultures outside the traditional SCA borders.  I'd be curious about period Chinese or Japanese, but I don't really want to see it served at an event.  Middle Eastern, period or modern, really doesn't do much for me.
hank you for your time and participation on this research.
Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster PA