[Sca-cooks] bacon in all the feast dishes?!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 9 21:57:32 PST 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>> Just a heads up to all with pork allergies/issues or vegetarians.
>> The feast at FC will be a BACON themed feast. All dishes will contain bacon. The plus side is all the dishes will contain bacon.
>>
>> <snip!>
>>
>> Sigh. At least they are warning everyone ahead of time. We've discussed here the perils of using the same ingredient in all dishes of a feast. Here's an example.
>>
>> I did ask them if they meant medieval bacon or American streaky bacon. :-)
>>

> Much as I enjoy bacon, that sounds *nasty*.

Am I being unfair if I express doubt that bacon simmered with greens and/or peas will be one, or possibly two, of the dishes on the menu?

Okay, it's late, I'm tired and about to get myself into massive trouble, but I'm sort of past caring. It should be noted that I have indeed been a qualified fighter.

How come nobody gets their hosen in a twist about the portrayal of fighters in this event concept? I like bacon as much as anybody (and more than many), but why does my alleged poor diet, questionable taste, vegetable avoidance and high fat and sodium intake have to be such a big part of our culture?

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter