[Sca-cooks] Galentynes again

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 10 00:39:36 PST 2009

I wrote:
<<< "What is a galentine?" and what isn't.  Most of these recipes
sounded
like stews, but apparently it is more specific than that. I've been
trying to figure out how to catalog and describe these, but it also
sounds like Alys' message here is similar. >>>

And Johnnae replied with a compilation of messages from this list by
various gentles, and ended it with indicating that the answers were
sparked then by this question:
<<< So, what is a "galantyne"? Somehow, I don't think it is a long rowed
boat made of galangale...

Stefan >>>

Sigh. The guy must have a short memory. Or has a learning problem. I
ought to recommend this site called the Florilegium to him...

Since I seem to be creating a file on filets-n-Galentine-msg or
Galantine-msg, I guess I ought to dig through the old messages in
various files and add them to this file. For the next time he (or
someone else?) asks about this series? type? of dish.

Thanks, Johnnae.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com