[Sca-cooks] Boarshead was Decadence menu

Adele M ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sat Dec 19 16:19:56 PST 2009

Johnna Holloway wrote:
> The feasts that I have been at that served a boar's head all used
> the head of a pig and faked the tusks. The last one I saw served
> was painted gold with spray paint. It had been boiled and was never
> intended to be eaten.

What a waste!!

I've been to several feasts that had pig's heads, and the neck and
cheeks are delicious for those who take the trouble to get them.  I've
also been to one that had a proper wild boar's head, very black and
bristly (and the rest of the boar, roasted and with pepper sauce).

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo