[Sca-cooks] Christmas stuff....

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 28 09:07:13 PST 2009

> Actually, i don't own any of Julia Child's cookbooks. Heck, i own few
> Western cookbooks at all. My first cookbooks were Indian, Persian,
> Turkish, Greek, Mexican, and Chinese. From there i expanded into
> Japanese, more Middle Eastern (as in Southwest Asia), and Southeast
> Asian. Then North Africa (Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco),
> Afghanistan, and Central Asia. Now Medieval...
> --
> Someone sometimes called Urtatim

This is undoubtedly an unreasonable request, but you know so much more
than I do!  I am very interested in non-Western cookery, but don't know
enough about any of the cultures to know a good cookbook from an
overly-"adapted to Western kitchens" one.  Sometimes it's clear (e.g.,
when they say it's adapted and it uses boxed mixes as ingredients), but
often I have no idea.  Can you help?

Sandra