[Sca-cooks] Knife Sharpeners

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:04:18 PST 2009

Wow - that one looks like a medieval torture contraption!
I'm old fashioned - Once a year I try to bring my knives in to be sharpened
by a professional and I have a three stone manual sharpening "system" with a
rough, fine and very fine stone I use between professional sharpenings.

I've always been told that the electric ones grind off too much of the
blade.  I thought about getting one for my mother but her grip is so wonky
I'm afraid the vibration would startle her and she'd let the knife fly
hurting herself (or the cat!)

shoshanna