[Sca-cooks] salt dough

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 06:32:22 PST 2009

I just bought some cute (if gigantic) cookie cutters that you can personalize with imprinted letters as you press them out.  I'd like to use them for site tokens at our event in Feb (Eat Yuor Heart Out) which focuses on food.  I thought salt dough, with a hole for a ribbon, covered with shellac or nail polish.

Got a nice recipe for salt dough? (I've never made it, despite 37 years as a children's librarian.) Or would I do just as well using playdough, sculpy, or fimo?

Devra