[Sca-cooks] Andalusia = Middle East?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:18:57 PST 2009

So far as Andalusia is concerned, I have included Andalusian dishes in my ME
feasts because of the cultural/religious relationship.  So far as Persia is
concerned, it is usually considered to be part of the Middle East, so yes,
information about Persia (modernly known as Iran) would go into the Middle
Eastern files.  With Andalusia, I'd probably put anything from the time of
the Muslim occupation into Middle Eastern files because the culture is
strongly related to the Near and Middle East.

Kiri