[Sca-cooks] Marmet

Craig Daniel teucer at pobox.com
Wed Dec 9 18:30:12 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Herzog wrote:
>>
>> the Spanish also have used them since "the dawn of time" and called them?
>> "marmetta" roughtly translated "tripod pot" meaning they had 3 legs forming
>> the tripod in which to put the fire under the pot. Bakus the Crockist of the
>> house Klemend Holdt in the Kingdom of Antir
>>

> Weclome to the group. I thought marmite was French. That has nothing to do
> with three legs. Please enllighten me.

Also, "marmetta" is certainly not Spanish - no native Spanish word has
a double t. (And the only word I know for a dutch oven in Spanish is
"cazuela," but that's a bit vaguer. There's probably something more
specific but I don't know it; I never needed quite such specific
culinary vocabulary when I was a medical interpreter, so it didn't
come up.)

 - Jaume