[Sca-cooks] pork pies

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 13:28:07 PST 2009

When I took a cooking workshop with Ivan Day several years ago (hi, Alys, Johanne, Guilliane, Susan!) we made what I guess were chewettes, although I thought of them as raised pies.  Ivan had several wooden forms, which looked rather like dashers or plungers, and we raised the dough up around them to make the pie.  An amusing side note: we ran out of time and weren't able to prepare the filling, so we stuffed the crust with tea towels in order to have the experience of fitting on the lids.

Yumm - tea towel pie...

Devra