[Sca-cooks] about the Settiveli <WAS Re: Grilled lamb intestines, yummy!>

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Wed Dec 16 13:04:10 PST 2009

Apparently the official, real thing is a trade-marked winner of some
big European Pastry Chef's annual competition, so there isn't likely
to be an "official" recipe on-line.

Hmm, the inventor of this  [Luca Mannori Prato, Tuscany] is
interviewed because he's writing a book :
>>...the evolution of the great Setteveli (sevel veils)?
>The Setteveli is the sweet that made me famous, after winning the
>World [Pastry] Cup in Lyon, in 1997.
the interview:
http://www.chiriottieditori.it/pastic_internaz/sito/eng/02/mannori_eng.htm

A couple of pictures of the item:
http://www.parlafood.com/setteveli-seven-sinful-layers/
http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/2007/10/01/la-torta-setteveli-seven-veils-cake/

and this very good looking attempt at "can I duplicate the picture"
recipe:
http://chocolateand.blogspot.com/2007/10/torta-setteveli-this-cake-consists-of.html
This was the only working recipe I found, in about 20 minutes?

chimene