[Sca-cooks] Subject: Re: Holidays

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:16:46 PST 2009

Hmmm.....so far as baking is concerned, we're baking applesauce cakes (my
mom's recipe that comes out more like a plum pudding than a cake), Bishop's
bread (a sweet bread that has chocolate chips, nuts and candied cherries in
it), cranberry bread, orange marmalade cookes (from one of you guys several
years back), some blue cheese/walnut cookes (Washington Post) and possibly
more depending.

We're also cooking Christmas dinner for Phillip's family...Crown roast with
apple stuffing, Savory Toasted cheese over probably asparagus and carrot
casserole.  His sister is providing a salad and dessert.

For the annual New Years party we attend, we're taking a ham...Phillip's
brother gave us this huge Kurobota ham from Dean and Delucca...there is
absolutely NO WAY the two of us could hope to eat it by ourselves, so we're
taking up there for the party...and for the brunch the next morning.

Oh...and, if we are able to get out for the Hanukkah party tomorrow night,
we're taking along chcolate mousse tartelets.

Kiri