[Sca-cooks] Holidays

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Dec 18 18:59:39 PST 2009

For Christmas we will have roast lamb and some other meat. Maybe a turkey.
Maybe ham, maybe a prime rib. Haven't thought about the details to much.

On the other hand . . .

Most of the details are worked out for New Years.
Here is the menu as it stands now (below).
60 people, sit down. The 10th year we have done it.
If you want to see pictures etc. from previous years you can at
www.vastrepast.net click on the New Year's link.

Eduardo

PS - The theme this year is decadence!

Diamond Fizz Champagne Cocktail
A classic cocktail made with an Angostura Bitters sugar cube and fresh lemon
peel garnished with Carambola

Fois Gras, of Course
Fois Gras with Lingonberry and Cassis Gastric topped with Himalayan Pink
Mountain Salt
Armagnac Soaked Prunes filled with Fois Gras Mousse

Escargot three ways ­ Served with a 2006 Haystack Needle ­ The Eye
a la Bourguignon
Pesto Italiano
Mushroom and Walddon Herb blend

Mushroom Trio
Porcini Marinated in Garlic and Olive Oil Served with a Vinaigrette Sorbet
Chanterelle Mousseline topped with Maderia Jelly
Truffle Egg Custard

A Duet of Soups
Lobster and Shrimp Bisque
Vichyssoise

Caviar, of Course ­ Served with an Ice Cold Shot of  Garlic Infused Vodka
Beluga Caviar on a Roasted Potato with Crème Fraiche
Red Caviar served on a Buckwheat Blini

Wild Boar Belly Cassoulet with Haricort Tarbais, Housemade Duck Confit
and Handcrafted Herb de Provence  Sausages smoked over apple wood ­ Served
with a 2003 Sandhill Redmountain Merlot

Classic Wedge Salad with Roquefort Dressing

A Sorbet to Cleanse Your Palate
Champagne, Persevered Lemon and Persian Saffron

The Main Course ­ Served with a 2004 Sandhill Red Mountain Cabernet
Sauvignon
Fillet Mignon enrobed with Sauce Diane
Lobster Tail with a dollop of Hollandaise Sauce
Green Bean Bundles Wrapped in Bacon

Cheese Course
Port Poached Pear with Gorgonzola Gelato, a Rosemary Asiago Digestive
and a Shaving of Parmegiana Regianno

Dessert Duo ­ Served in the lounge
Chocolate Decadence layered with Cheesecake dipped in Chocolate Ganache
Bailey's Irish Creme Pot a crème