[Sca-cooks] On the poor diet of a son away in the city

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 20 22:43:43 PST 2009

On Dec 20, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:

<<< They have lived a month and more on nuts, figs, beans and dried
meat, till it's no joke to stay here all this time.  Jus as the
Fiesolan ox looks down at the Arno thirstily and licks his nose, so
they at the eggs of the market-woman and at the butcher's mutton and
beef.>>>

Funny passage. Citation, if possible?

Thanks!
Adamantius

Agreed. Except when I saw the title and read the passage I was
wondering if this was a message from Johnna about *her* son off at
college. :-)

I don't ever remember trying to cook beans in my dorm room, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com