[Sca-cooks] Marzipan question

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Dec 21 09:58:00 PST 2009

When I did the wedding cake fruits, I did the same thing--dry food color
mixed with vodka, then they got painted with confectioner's glaze
(food-grade shellac). Any of the ones in the pictures that are very shiny
have already been glazed.

http://pics.livejournal.com/pixel39/gallery/00006ysf

As for sticky, IIRC my marzipan recipe uses egg whites, icing sugar, a
dash of rosewater, and some corn syrup (no, it's not period, neither was
the cake).

Margaret FitzWilliam