[Sca-cooks] Olives

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 21 15:49:10 PST 2009

Plachoya responded to the questions about olives with:

<<< Olives can be green or black when they are ripe. Depends on the
verity. They still have to be "processed" in order to be edible, they
are bitter till then. You can process them at home with a salt pack or
salt water bath.>>>

Thanks. Have you done this olive curing? I'd like to find out more
about this salt pack or salt water bath curing process. This is the
most info I've gotten so far when I've asked about how to process
olives. Of course I'm not sure where I could buy raw olives.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com