[Sca-cooks] "exotic" bird Pests.

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 25 17:06:01 PST 2009

Was written:

> Prepare the bird in the usual way, removing feathers etc.
> Carefully place bird in a large saucepan, and cover with water.
> Add a large stone.
> Bring to the boil and simmer until the stone is soft.
> When the stone is soft, throw out the bird, and eat the stone.

Sounds like another recipe I heard.  Seems this fellow, many years back,
rolled up a gas station to fill up and the he told the pump jockey that he
had been duck hunting.  Fellow said "Ducks? Ain't no ducks round here
abouts".  Fellow said "sure there are I'll show you."  He opened up his
trunk and the service station attendant looked in. and said " your are
wrong, those ain't no ducks."  Other fellow says "if they ain't ducks what
are they".  Pump jockey says, "They be diedapers."  Other fellow says "Ok so
they are diedapers, how do you cook them."  Attendant says "you can't cook
diedaper."  Fellow says sure you can, they are birds ain't they, just tell
me how to cook'em and I'll eat'em.  Pump jockey says, "Ok... you pluck'em
and clean'em then put them in a pot with some butter, everything tastes
better with butter, and a brick.  Set your oven to 425 degrees and roast'em.
Keep checking ever so often and when that brick gets soft them diedapers
will be done... I guarantee.

Daniel