[Sca-cooks] "Bojal" wheat

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 25 18:32:08 PST 2009

In the"Penguin Companion to Food" by Alan Davidson it has a rather lengthy article on wheat, including a listing several species of wheat: Noted amongst these are club wheat, emmer, einkorn, Ploish wheat, spelt, shot wheat, and cone wheat.  Einkorn is said to be grown in the poor soils in Spain. Polish wheat is also noted as being cultivated mainly in Spain. Perhaps one of these is the variety you are looking for.

Good luck,

Euriol
 Euriol of Lothian, OP
Clerk, Order of the Pelican, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Chronicler, Barony of Endless Hills

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."
-Robindranath Tagore, Poet/Playwright/Essayist 1913 Nobel Prize for Literature