[Sca-cooks] Horse Breeding OT But!... I know someone will

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Thu Dec 31 06:47:18 PST 2009

Hello all my harddisk crashed so I hav a huge backlog but this i could not
resist,....

btw Ann Hyland has written a couple of books that are quite extensive on
this topic:

The Medieval Warhorse and the The Warhorse 1250-1600.

as to the fresian horses: originally it was a carriage horse and not a breed
ridden much.
One of the most probable breeds for a norman kinght would be the ancestors
of the percheron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percheron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_horse

Regards from Katarina (riding a very unmedieval 17 hands plus, (black)
ex-trotter)

A happy new year to all of you