[Sca-cooks] Apron

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:32:39 PST 2009

Johanna wrote:

> from the Historic Royal Palaces Online Shop
>
> http://www.historicroyalpalaces.com/--Henry-s-armour-apron__1_3584-Gift-ideas-basket-for-him-her.htmlAny reluctant cook will be keen to take his turn in the kitchen in
> this jolly apron. The design is based on a suit of armour made for
> Henry VIII in 1540 when he was a huge mature man. However this robust,
> 100% cotton apron will fit all shapes and sizes of modern chef. Armour
> gauntlet also available.

Prior to marriage my husband slipped and poured an entire frying pan of
boiling olive oil over his left hand. At the time he was teaching and a
student drew a caricature of him with an apron over his armor and a
frying pan in a huge glove. Sorry the drawing is not here but in my
other home. Its lovely.I hope you can imagine how funny it is to see his
big brown eyes behind the visor and that huge glove holding the frying
pan. =-O  - holy moly!!!
Suey