[Sca-cooks] Question for Adamantius?

Katja katjaorlova at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 06:47:01 PST 2009

>Our autocrat and I are going to al-Hafla, an event that has been held for many years in either the East or (as is the case this year) in Aethelmarc. I'll be curious to see what food shows up there.

The head cook for al-Hafla contacted me about two months ago for recipe ideas (he's a Laurel in our kingdom for period fishing, but he's also a marvelous cook and certainly wants to do period, not modern dishes, for a feast).

I sent him the list of available Middle Eastern and Near Eastern resources from Cariadoc's Islamic Cooking class, plus pointed him to several online webpages of menus & redactions of period recipes (several from our barony, as well as Urtatim's lucious ones).

So, I hope and expect the food to be period or at least plausibly based on period resources rather than modern cookbooks. :)

Katja
Baroness, OL, OP, happy cook & dancer (who attempts to sew relatively period-appearing Turkish clothing)