[Sca-cooks] Hello, Intorducing myself

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:20:12 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer at pobox.com> wrote:

> as a cook I'd be inclined to take them as a sign
> that dutch oven cooking techniques are available basically the way
> we're used to and then look for recipes.
>
>  - Jaume

There are certainly recipes in the Spanish corpus that use that
technique.  De Nola's recipe for oven-cooked rice suggests an
alternate method: to put the earthenware cazuela over coals, cover it
with an iron lid, and put hot cinders on the lid.  There are other
such recipes, though I haven't bothered to go looking.

Brighid ni Chiarain