[Sca-cooks] "Top Chef" vs "Hell's Kitchen"

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:16:39 PST 2009

Thank you for not spoiling the ending for me.  I was out yesterday and
didn't get to see it (silly me - going to embroidery guild rather than
watching food).

I agree that a cook and a chef are different.  I think a small distinction
that might be made is that most of the Top Chef candidates are already
"chefs" in that they run kitchens and/or own restaurants and the Hell's
Kitchen contestants are still in the "wanna be" stage.  I'm a pretty decent
cook but I would never consider myself a chef.  Besides which - I'd look
silly in a big white hat.  Do you remember that Hell's Kitchen contestant
that showed up wearing an extra tall one??!!!!

Shoshanna