[Sca-cooks] First test batch of spice mixes from the Anon. Venetian manuscript

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 21:38:03 PST 2009

Greetings,
   A while ago I had mentioned wanting to do a set of spice mixes from one source to give as largess. I've finished the first test batches tonight and while I haven't had a chance to cook with all three of them yet, I'm happy with the results so far. They smell wonderful, and when tested on plain bread with butter they are are quite tasty.
   I ratios seemed pretty straight forward so while I used my scale which is set for modern oz. I think it's still true to the original ratio.
   I took some pictures, and posted them with the test redactions here: http://ayeshadream.livejournal.com/310139.html

In joyous service,
Raffaella